POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Apr 2009 19:22:15
Message: <49efa6a7$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> I'm pretty sure providing NNTP a sever service, especially with the volume
> of binary postings, isn't all that cheap either.

But that's not what the bill is about. It's about the ISP disallowing you
from using someone else's NNTP server unless you pay extra. It's about the
ISP saying "you have to pay more to get to news.povray.org than to
www.povray.org."  It has nothing to do with the cost of providing the bits
and everything to do with the profit to be made from popular content.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)